The List of Characters in Night of the Living Dead (1968) is a list of the characters in the film.
- Barbara: One of the main protagonist in the 1968 horror film, Night of the Living Dead. She is killed when the zombies get inside the house. (The name was mis-spelled as 'Barbra' on the end credits, but is 'Barbara' in the shooting script, the official novelization, all publicity material in which the character is mentioned, and is spelled a 'Barbara' in the 1990 Romero scripted remake.)
- Ben: The second protagonist in the 1968 film Night of the Living Dead. He is killed by the posse, who mistake him for a zombie. (because he is black and they are racist)
- Harry Cooper: Supporting character in Night of the Living Dead. After various conflicts, is shot and killed by Ben after he attempts to control the situation by holding a gun on Ben (which he has taken from him). After dying from his wounds in the cellar, and having his arm partially devoured by the re-animated Karen, Harry revives only to be killed by Ben a second time.
- Helen Cooper: Supporting character in Night of the Living Dead, killed by her zombie daughter.
- Tom: Supporting character in Night of the Living Dead, killed in a explosion.
- Johnny: Supporting character in Night of the Living Dead, killed by a zombie. When revived, Johnny pulls Barbara into a group of zombies who quickly surround her.
- Judy Rose: Supporting character in Night of the Living Dead, killed in a explosion.
- Karen Cooper: Supporting character in Night of the Living Dead, bitten by a zombie before the Coopers found refuge in the house. Karen later dies and revives feasting on Harry's arm only to be interrupted by Helen who is then killed by Karen with a trowel.
- Conan Mclelland: Minor character. A police chief who leads a posse for zombie extermination. Later orders one of his men to shoot Ben when mistaking him for a zombie.
- Tarman (Cameo) Tarman is seen roaming the forest for a brief second when the camera pans in on the zombies trying to overrun the house