Blades is a character first seen in Dawn of the Dead.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Prior to the zombie outbreak, Blades was a member of a motorcycle gang that belonged to a Renaissance company, under the pseudonym "Morgan" The Black Knight. When the undead apocalypse occurred, he lost his mind and the group broke up, many members of his gang became nomadic outlaws, moving around from place to place and looting for supplies. He was armed with various knives, a machete and a Katana sword, he also had a small flick knife that was actually a mustache comb. Despite Blades' affinity for knives, he did also own a firearm like many other members of the biker gang. Blades would use his firearm to shoot zombies or people who were beyond the range of his knives. Blades first appears near the end of Dawn of the Dead when he and his gang discover the mall and figure out that there are people holed up inside. During the assault on the mall, he survived the initial attack, and engaged Peter and Stephen in a gunfight. He almost caught Peter, who escaped into the ventilation shaft, prompting Blades to taunt Peter by shouting "I see you, chocolate man...!". Blades was seemingly killed when Peter shot him with his sniper rifle. The force of Peter's gunshot sent Blades over the railings of the upper level where he fell into a fountain on the lower level.
Land of The Dead[edit | edit source]
Having presumably died in 'Dawn Of The Dead, he was shown as a zombie in Big Daddy's group. He was seen as the zombies are rampaging through the Fiddler's Green complex. He is shown slashing a man using his machete
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blades death in the fountain most likely saved him from being consumed by zombies, lending him the bloated corpse damaged by water as seen in Land of the Dead.
- Blades was portrayed by Tom Savini.
- Blades was a member of the motorcycle gang that assaulted the mall in which the protagonists had fortified against the zombies. Given that he was leading the biker gang in the looting of the mall, it may be assumed that he was the #2 biker, or "top man" of Sledge, the gang leader.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the novelization of Dawn of the Dead, Blades' name is given as "Hatchet."
- His appearance in Land of the Dead, albeit brief, makes Blades the first recurring character in the George A. Romero 'Dead' series.